TalkEnglish Independent Study: Level 2 Sample Lesson
Step 1: Text, Vocabulary, and Comprehension Questions
- Please read all of these instructions before you begin. To enlarge the lesson, click the Full Screen View button in the top right corner of the lesson.
- Pronounce the vocabulary words aloud and use the written pronunciation guide for help.
- Next, look up the definitions of any words you do not know in the online dictionary below.
- Write the definitions in your notebook.
- Then read the text aloud and look up other words you do not know.
- Finally, answer the Comprehension Questions and write the answers in your notebook.
Step 2: Check Your Answers to the Comprehension Questions
Step 3: TalkEnglish Pronunciation Teacher
Download the TalkEnglish Pronunciation Teacher MP3 file for this lesson. This section will help you to practice your pronunciation.
Step 5: Watch the Movies
The Gospel of John
Set up the English subtitles and watch Chapter 5:1-14. Click here* to purchase on Amazon.com.
Step 6: Advanced Historical Studies (Optional)
Step 7: Make Decisions
After each lesson, you can make decisions to help you grow in your knowledge of English and of the Bible. Before going to the next lesson, take a minute to make some decisions.
Your answers are sent to the TalkEnglish office and are not made public on this website.